C.D World Tour.(Setlists, Anmeldelser, Billeder)23/05/07

Snak om alle Guns N' Roses relaterede nyheder.

Redaktører: Democracyrose, Michael

Indlægaf Democracyrose » 26. jun 2006, 19:51

06-24-06 | Graspop Belgium 2006 Review
by Kenny Kolijn

This is THE story:

EVERYone was really upside down by the performance of axl and the band. This was one of THE best shows ever. Two graspop technicians were climbing up the stage to fix things related to the lightning spots (as far as I can judge). Basically the show got delayed for an hour and a half (didn't check my watch after I did the first few times) but it was worth the waiting. The crown went crazy and so did Guns n' Roses. The lyrics of all songs, both old and new, were heard all over the field, where thousands of people were smiling. Maybe some smiled of disbelief, because some Belgian people still thought "I loved GNR in the past, but somehow I don't think they'll be any good with this new line-up".

I heard tens of reactions, of young and old, and I saw a smile on people's faces time after time. Axl showed us his old voice combined with the new touch on a few songs.
The crown heard classics like Paradise City, November rain, My Michelle, Mr. Brownstone, Don't cry, You could be mine, Out to get me, Nightrain and so on. Combined with I.R.S, Better, The Blues and other new songs, people got 'surprised' by the quality of those songs. Of course many of us already heard them through the Internet or other shows in Europe. But the one thing that I kept hearing after the show when thousands of people were heading to their camping spot (a few kilometers away from the main stage), almost in total darkness as it was already 03:00am:

"Man they were soooo good"
"Axl still sounds like he used to be"
"I'm glad I bought my ticket"
"No other band showed this type of performance during the weekand and during the past years"
"GNR really is a BAND, with great frontman, guitar players, keyboard player and drums"

Important to mention: both 'young' and 'old' fans of Guns n' Roses were present at Graspop. The bands that played earlier on main-stage were Soulfly and some others. Even when those bands performed you could say many GNR fans (easily recognizable ...) already moving forward like a army to conquer a good spot in the front rows. After Soulfly played their set thousands of people were already waiting at the main-stage, while GNR was only programmed almost one hour later. Then there was a big delay, which made some (non)fans make some noise, but once we heard "the welcome to the jungle opening sound", people forgot about the waiting time and the rain. Actually, when the welcome to the jungle sound was heard, the rain was gone, forever.

We heard a high quality show, with both old and new songs. A big festival like GMM doesn't only attract pure GNR fans, as quite alot of bands are programmed. BUT I have to say that, when I looked backwards from the front rows, I saw almost everyone with their hands in the air, shouting the known and less known lyrics from the Gunners.

I had the pleasure to be there with my twin brother Sammy and some friends and for the FIRST time of my life I didn't think about the "Old" GNR anymore. THIS was Guns n' Roses, performing like in the "old days".

IMPORTANT: Axl and the band members smiled alot. He even said he was stunned when (from the very beginning) the crown was showing their knowledge of the GNR lyrics and gave the band an energy boost. It was like the band enjoyed every second of the show, making a LOT of contact with the crowd, making jokes, smiling, talking and so on.

A show to to forget, that's all I can say. Guns n' Roses showed what it's all about. Belgium know is fully aware that the band is back, as strong or even stronger than ever before. Thanks to Guns n' Roses for the great night!
»
They call you famous but
people think you are insane...
Democracyrose
Administrator

Geografisk sted: København

Indlægaf Democracyrose » 31. jul 2006, 08:22

mygnrforum.com

DATE: July 30, 2006
TEXT:

Former SKID ROW frontman Sebastian Bach sang lead vocals for the last two songs ("Night Train"
and "Paradise City") of GUNS N' ROSES' set at the Wembley Arena in London, England on Sunday (July 30)
after singer Axl Rose was taken ill and was unable to finish the show. The band performed an abbreviated
set which reportedly featured no new songs, a departure from the rest of the tour where several "Chinese
Democracy" numbers were regularly aired at every performance.

In other news, GUNS N' ROSES played a special acoustic gig late Saturday/early Sunday at a small London
club called Cuckoo, featuring a crowd made up in part of audience members from GUNS N' ROSES first
Wembley Arena performance on Saturday (July 29) who had their names read out by Axl during the show.
The acoustic gig reportedly started at 4:00 a.m. and finished at about 5:30 a.m.

The July 30 Wembley concert was the final show of GUNS N' ROSES' lengthy European tour, which kicked off
May 25 in Madrid, Spain.

GUNS N' ROSES will headline KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006 on September 23 at the Hyundai Pavillion at Glen
Helen in Devore, California. Additional U.S. dates are expected in the fall.

Rose has been saying that the band's long-delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy", will be out later this
year.

SOURCE: Blabbermouth
They call you famous but
Democracyrose
Administrator

Indlægaf Democracyrose » 31. jul 2006, 08:25

newgnr.com

July 31st --- The European Tour coming to an end

The 2nd show at the Wembley Arena just ended. Axl walked off during Nightrain, not being able to finish the set. Bach, who came on for My Michelle, leapt into action and finished Nightrain, and also sang Paradise City without Axl.

Manager Mr. Merck was available for a statement later, saying Axl didn't feel alright all day due to low blood pressure, and unfortunately wasn't able to finish the show.

Check back for a press release later!
They call you famous but
Democracyrose
Administrator

Indlægaf hejanne » 31. jul 2006, 12:31

Og således fortsætter den uendelige historie om Guns N' Roses...

Men trods alt kom de igennem hele turneen UDEN aflysninger - yeah
No you don't need a doctor
No one else can heal your soul
Brugeravatar
hejanne
Administrator

Geografisk sted: Glostrup

Indlægaf Doubletalking » 31. jul 2006, 17:56

Han gik sgu til den ham bach gutten - det er for fedt!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7TZ6DIEVo
Rock n' Roll er ikke en stramajklub for punktlige pensionister, men for spontante motherfuckers, der lever her & nu. Sådan Michael

http://www.crankcountydaredevils.com/
Doubletalking
Senior Gunner

Indlægaf hejanne » 31. jul 2006, 18:38

Men så er det jo derfor de altid har haft skærme med tekster - hvis nu Axl skulle finde på at gå - så kan man altid hente Back :lol:

Det var i øvrigt bestemt ikke dårligt :D
Brugeravatar
hejanne
Administrator

Indlægaf Democracyrose » 1. aug 2006, 09:41

htgth.com

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/sit ... ewsLang=en

July 31, 2006 07:38 PM US Eastern Timezone

Guns N' Roses Win Big in Europe

LONDON & LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 31, 2006--Guns N' Roses completed their European Tour last night with their second consecutive sold out show at London's Wembley Arena. The tour, which started May 25th in Madrid, Spain, played to 700,000 plus people over 32 shows in 18 countries, making it one of the biggest tours of the year on the continent and in the UK.

The final show at Wembley almost didn't come to fruition as vocalist Axl Rose was diagnosed with low blood pressure and low blood sugar Sunday morning. He became ill after performing two concerts on Saturday night - the first was the band's scheduled sold out show at Wembley Arena which lasted two and a half hours - and the second an unannounced surprise semi acoustic set which thrilled as many fans as could be jammed into London's Cuckoo Club at 4 am on Sunday morning with hundreds left standing outside. Rose became ill a couple of hours after the 75 minute performance ended, with a doctor being called to his hotel room. The Physician advised that Rose should be hospitalised and not perform Sunday evening. Rose's response - "f*** that, I have a show to do and I am not missing it." He made it through the two hour performance to the final song of the evening - Nighttrain - before collapsing. The mic was handed to his friend, Sebastian Bach, who completed the performance with an encore of Paradise City.

Axl Rose commented, "We have had an amazing tour and it has been fantastic for the band and I to experience this. I approached this last show with equal parts determination, obligation, responsibility and insanity. It was an amazing night. I want to thank everyone in Europe and the UK for inspiring us and for giving us the opportunity to play for them. We are now looking forward to the US in September."
They call you famous but
Democracyrose
Administrator

Indlægaf hejanne » 2. aug 2006, 11:25

coma skrev:Der er lige blevet annonceret Extra koncert " Wembley Arena" 29/7-2006.

Har lige købt billet !!!

London Here We Come!

Er der snart en anmeldelse på vej?
Brugeravatar
hejanne
Administrator

Indlægaf Michael » 2. aug 2006, 20:13

Hej Anne...

Fandt den her på denne side...

Wembley Arena, London, 29th July 2006 – Full Review

Guns N’ Roses at the Wembley Arena, London on the 29th July 2006.

I arrived at the Arena at 6pm by that point there were a fair few people both inside and outside the Arena. About 200 were standing in front of the stage and a few hundred more were in the seated area. Many people were buying Guns N’ Roses merchandise at the shop. The atmosphere was very calm.

Around 7 – 7.30pm Sebastian Bach came on stage. He played a setlist of around 12 songs, which lasted for an hour. His up-beat music was enough to get the crowd going, but it got a little tedious towards the end.

Bullet For My Valentine then played a very short set.

Finally the wait came for Guns N’ Roses. We waited for quite some time. The crowd started to boo at times and some people started to leave as it was getting very late. It was not until 10.45pm that the echoed opening for ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ kicked in and the crowd went crazy. The atmosphere was amazing. This was the moment I had been most looking forward to.
Guns N’ Roses soon rolled through ‘Welcome to the Jungle’, ‘Its So Easy’ and ‘Mr Brownstone’ immaculately. They sounded superb. Later into the set, during his guitar solo just before ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’, Robin Finck played ‘God Save The Queen’. Here is the full setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle
Its So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Live And let Die
Robin Solo God Save The Queen
Sweet Child O Mine
Knockin On Heavens Door
Piano Moving Jam
Dizzy Solo
The Blues
Piano Movin Jam
Better
Richard Solo
Richard Robin Beautiful
You Could Be Mine
Bumblefoot Solo Dont Cry
Out Ta Get Me
Sway (stones cover) W Izzy
Sailing With Izzy
Back in the Ussr W Izzy (Back in the Fuckin’ Uk)
Think About You W Izzy
My Michelle W Bach
Patience W Izzy
Piano Moving Jam
November Rain
Jam
Rocket Queen
Nighttrain W Izzy

Encore:

I.R.S.
Paradise City W Izzy

A few songs into the setlist, Axl gave details of what would be a very special night for a select 20 people in the audience. He announced: ‘we’re actually doing two shows tonight’. He then gave details. 20 people were to be drawn from a lottery and invited to a Club in central London to watch Guns N’ Roses play a acoustic gig. One lucky person selected right at the end, then won an all expenses paid trip to California to watch Guns N’ Roses play (another now confirmed gig), with accommodation at a 5 star hotel thrown in. This got the crowd’s hearts racing as to who would be picked at random. Unfortunately, this time, it would not be me.

Axl also commented on his arrest at Stockholm.

Guns N’ Roses then played some exclusive songs just for this gig stating ‘We’ve never played these songs live before’. They started with a Rolling stones cover of ‘Sway’ then playing ‘Sailing’ by Rod Stewart (this got the crowd singing along) finally playing an adaptation of ‘Back In The USSR’ by the Beatles but changing the lyrics to ‘Back In The Fuckin’ UK’.

Izzy Stradalin joined the band for 7 songs. It was good to see him with the band, interacting with the other members. The reaction he received when he came on stage was awesome. Sebastian Bach then joined for ‘My Michelle’, which was another great performance.

Overall, I can confidently say that this gig was the best I’ve ever been to. The pyrotechnics were superb, the songs were played perfectly, the band were in good spirits and looked as if they were really enjoying the show, Izzy Stradalin and Seb Bach were special guests, they played a number new songs and I was particularly pleased when they played I.R.S.

I would strongly advise everyone to watch this band. They have now proved to the world of GNR fans that the new band can play. They certainly showed this at the Wembley gig - just Flawless.

Giles (www.gnr-uk.com, www.gnruk.bbfunpro.com
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Geografisk sted: Næstved

Indlægaf hejanne » 2. aug 2006, 21:11

Ja, men jeg tænkte på en anmeldelse fra Coma :wink:
Brugeravatar
hejanne
Administrator

Indlægaf Michael » 3. aug 2006, 00:13

Aaarhh, ok :? :lol:
Billede
Michael
Administrator

Geografisk sted: Næstved

Indlægaf coma » 8. aug 2006, 07:31

Hejsa !

Godt husket Anne :-)

Jeg har haft lidt problemer med at finde siden igen efter at den ikke hedder gunsnroses.dk mere (troede at den var blevet hacket…)
Jeg kom hjem sidste Mandag efter en kanon tur til London, hvor jeg så begge de 2 udsolgte Guns N´Roses koncerter i Wembley Arena.( 29/7 + 30/7)

Til begge shows var det Sebastian Bach m. band + Bullet For My Valentine som varmede op, Ham Sebastian Bach forstår virkelig at fyre den af.

1. Aften gik Guns N´Roses på scenen omring kl. 22.45, Jeg have fået siddepladser (til mig og kæreste) til højre for scenen så sæt på som muligt, Jeg var en smugle nervøs for om folk ville blive siddende under koncerten hvilket der ikke er meget ved, vi er jo ikke i det kongelige… Men da det velkendte guitarriff til ”Welcome To The Jungle” blev fyret af, røg alle op af sæderne og gik amok !!
Jeg ved ikke hvor mange der var plads til (15.000 tror jeg) men alle var med fra starten, holdt da kæft hvor var det fedt !!
Izzy Stradlin kom undervejs på scenen, hvor de spillede 3 covernumre som de adrig havde spillet sammen før, det første var vidst et Rolling Stones numre (Som jeg ikke udmidlbart ved hvad hedder) det næste var til Sailing ”Rod Swevart” for satan hvor Axl gav den gas…I Am Sailing, I Am Sailing.. den sidste var ”Back In The U.S.S.R” hvor de i stedet sang ”Back In The Fuckin´ U.K” også rigtigt fedt.
Sebastian Bach var inde og synge med på ”My Michelle”….super super.
I starten af ”Rocket Queen” blev der stille 2 podier op, og 8 – 10 dansepiger var klar til at indtage scenen ( kunne se at de stod omme bagved) Men lige inden at Axl kom på scenen for at synge, blev de meget hurtigt fjernet igen (podierne) samtidig med at der stod en mand med store armbevægelse der gjorde tegn til at de skulle ud nu !!
Så da Axl kom ind på scenen blev han tydeligt overrasket over at de ikke var der, han satte tempoet ned, og gik nærmest lidt surt rundt da han sang starten af ”Rocket Queen” Efter første omkvæd løb han ud bagved, der kunne jeg se at han stod og diskuterede med en backstage.
Hvad der skete ved jeg ikke, men vi fik ingen dansepiger, men hva´ pokker..
På et tidspunkt under koncerten var det ”time for a little lottery” som Axl kaldte det, Han råbte af et par gange i alt 15 – 20 navne op, de heldige vindere (udover at få deres navn læst op af Mr. Rose) vandt billetter til et specielt acoustic set. Som blev spillet om natten kl. 3.00 i London.
Jeg var desværre ikke iblandt…..havde dog set at man kunne købe VIP. Billet til omkring 120 pund pr. stk, men tror ikke at dette havde noget med den lille koncert at gøre, nok ”kun” afterparty, som jeg ikke kan tro at Axl medvirkede i.
Koncerten sluttede ca. kl. 01.15, så de spillede omkring 2,5 time.
I alt en kanon koncert, ikke mindst fordi at jeg stod så tæt, Men også et utroligt velspillende og veloplaget band og Axl var på toppen…

Efter at ha´ sovet min skønhedssøvn, var jeg lige forbi hotellet hvor jeg regnede med at de boede ”Hotel Wembley Plaza” (hvilket jeg var en del gange) med mit lille fedtede kamera og en tuds, for hvis nu at jeg skulle rende ind i en af gutterne….
Jeg havde også spottet hvor den lokale tattoo-bix lå, for hvis jeg fik Axl, Izzy el. Dizzy´s autograf ville jeg ha´ den ved siden af min gamle GN´R tattoo og så få den tegnet op med det samme, Men heldet var ikke med mig.
Vi kan jo heller ikke alle sammen være lige så heldige som Anne !!!

2. Aften stater showet omkring 22.30,jeg havde fået ”siddeplads” midtfor scenen bagerst i Arenaen, lidt langt til scenen men fik alle lyseffekter / fyrværkeri med denne aften, også bedre lyd end fra siden.
Showet var stort set det samme bortset fra at der jo ikke blev nogen udtrækning til hemmelige koncerter…
Izzy kom også denne aften på scenen, men de havde skippet de 3 covernumre.
Sebastian Bach skulle ha´ været ind og synge med på ”My Michelle” men nåede det aldrig pga Axl pludselig ”forsvandt” under Nightrain..Han løb ind og ud fra scenen som han plejer, men midt i nummeret er han væk ! Bandet fortsætter med at spille, og der går ikke længe så kommer Sebastian på scenen og synger sangen færdig.
Han kender tydeligt ikke helt Nightrain, da han bliver ved med at synge Nightrain..Nightrain….Nightrain, men de får spillet numret færdigt og man kan høre en på scenen igennem mikrofonen (Tror at det er Seb.) sige: No More Songs…That´s sh*t ! eller noget i den stil.
Så slutter de af med Paradise City uden Axl, stadig med Sebastian på vokal, Izzy er også stadig på scenen efter han spillede med på Nightrain.
Jeg stod og undrede mig lidt da de sluttede af efter knap 2 timer, Sebastian fik puplikum til at råbe Axl….Axl…Axl, Tommy takkede Sebastian, for uden ham ville de ikke ha´ kunne afslutte koncerten ordentligt.
Lyset blev tændt og lidt efter kom deres manager på scenen og sagde at denne koncert i realiteten ikke byrde ha´ fundet sted, da de var tæt på at ha´ aflyst showet pga. Axl var meget syg om morgenen, Han vente lige det hele 180 grader ved at sige at Axl ikke ville skuffe sine fans og klarede den hele vejen til Nightrain.
Om Axl virkelig var syg el. det var tømmermænds-syge fra natten før melder historien ikke noget om.
Jeg kan ikke mindes at Guns N´ Roses før har spillet Paradise City uden Axl, så man kan jo sige at denne koncert var lidt speciel selvom jeg hellere ville ha´haft den sidste halve times tid med.

Totalt set var det 2 super koncerter, så hvis der er nogen som har eller høre om disse 2 show på dvd, ville jeg blive utrolig glad for en email :-)

Nå ja, jeg var også lige inde på Hard Rock Cafe, det skal man jo når man er i London, Der hænger Axl´s jakke fra 1989 hvor han optrådte med Rolling Stones i Atlantic City.
Duff´s vest og Dave´s guitar fra videoen ”Slither” hænger også indrammet….

Alt for nu.
Jesper (Coma)
coma
Senior Gunner

Geografisk sted: Odense

Indlægaf hejanne » 8. aug 2006, 10:33

En anmeldelse jeg virkelig havde set frem til :wink: Tak!

Selv om jeg fulgte opdateringerne på nettet, og allerede har læst masser af andre anmeldelser, så er det sgu noget andet at læse dem herinde - af en fra forumet :D

Og så kan det godt være, du ikke var lige så heldig som mig, men hey, begge Wembley koncerter :shock:
Brugeravatar
hejanne
Administrator

Indlægaf Democracyrose » 15. aug 2006, 19:56

mygnrforum.com

DATE: 08.15.2006
TEXT:

Guns N' Roses, Alice In Chains, Avenged Sevenfold Lead Inland Invasion Lineup

Los Angeles radio station KROQ has recruited some of rock's heaviest hitters to anchor its sixth annual
Inland Invasion festival.

On Monday evening, the station revealed that it had enlisted none other than Guns N' Roses to headline the
end-of-summer event. GN'R will be joined by the reunited Alice in Chains and — fresh from their mainstage
stint on this summer's Ozzfest (which wrapped Sunday in West Palm Beach, Florida) — Avenged Sevenfold.

The Inland Invasion is set to take over Devore, California's Hyundai Pavilion at Glen Helen on September
23. Tickets for the show, priced at $35-75, will be available starting Saturday at 10 a.m.

Invasion organizers have mined rockers Papa Roach, Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars, Rise Against, Atreyu and
Buckcherry to round out the bill.

Axl Rose's Guns recently wrapped a run of European festival shows, following a string of sold-out gigs at
New York's Hammerstein Ballroom in May (see "Guns N' Roses Live: No Reunion Of Classic Lineup, But Great Anyway")
— the band's first American gigs in more than three years, after their 2002 comeback tour
sputtered to a halt (see "It's Extra Official: Promoter Says GN'R Tour Totally Off").

The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas will play host to Guns N' Roses for two shows at the Joint,
scheduled for September 16 and September 17. Tickets for those dates will also go on sale August 19.
Earlier this month, via a press release, Rose said that he plans to return to the road this fall for another
round of U.S. touring.

Alice in Chains, who've been touring with Comes With the Fall singer William DuVall filling in for late
frontman Layne Staley, hit the road back in May for a successful run of five club dates (see "Alice In Chains
Wrap Up String Of U.S. Club Dates In New York"). The band unveiled plans last week for a total of 40 gigs
this fall throughout the U.S., with one date in Canada (see "Alice In Chains Unlock North American Fall
Tour"). That trek gets underway September 22 in Las Vegas and runs through November 26 in San
Francisco, with additional dates expected to be added over the next few weeks.

In addition to the Inland Invasion, Avenged Sevenfold have booked nine North American dates for
September, with three gigs in the U.S. — September 7 in Anchorage, Alaska; September 13 in Fargo, North
Dakota; and September 15 in Des Moines, Iowa — and the remainder scheduled for Canada.

— Chris Harris

SOURCE: MTV
DIRECT LINK: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/153856 ... oses.jhtml
They call you famous but
Democracyrose
Administrator

Indlægaf Democracyrose » 17. sep 2006, 10:03

Setliste efter første Vegas show...(htgth.com)

1. Intro/Welcome To The Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Mr Browstone
4. Live and Let Die
5. Robin Finck Solo
6. Sweet Child O' Mine
7. Better
8. Knockin' On Heavens Door
9. You Could Be Mine
10. Piano Moving Jam/Dizzy Reed Solo
11. The Blues
12. Richard Fortus/Robin Finck Solo (Beautiful)
13. Out Ta Get Me
14. Moving Piano Jam
15. November Rain
13. Band Introductions
14. Bumblefoot Solo (Don't Cry)
15. IRS
16. My Michelle
17. Patience
18. Rocket Queen
19. Nightrain
ENCORE:
20. Madagascar
21. Paradise City

Note: No Finck Solo before Paradise.

"Thank you, Good fucking Night", (Nightrain Pic)
They call you famous but
Democracyrose
Administrator

ForegåendeNæste

Tilbage til Gn´R nyheder 2013