2002-11-17 Mark Of The Quad Cities, Moline, IL

Redaktører: Democracyrose, Michael

2002-11-17 Mark Of The Quad Cities, Moline, IL

Indlægaf Michael » 15. apr 2011, 00:30

The Mark Of The Quad Cities, Moline, IL
Åbningsbands: CKY & Mix Master Mike

NOTE: Endnu et solidt show på Richard Fortus' fødselsdag. Axl mistede en ring under "'You Could Be Mine", og den landede et sted blandt publikum.

1. Welcome To The Jungle
  2. It's So Easy
  3. Mr. Brownstone
  4. Live And Let Die
  5. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
  6. Think About You
    Robin Solo
  7. Sweet Child O' Mine
  8. You Could Be Mine
    Buckethead solo
  9. November Rain
  10. My Michelle
  11. Madagascar
  12. Out Ta Get Me
  13. Patience
  14. The Blues
  15. Chinese Democracy
  16. Nightrain

Robin solo
  17. Paradise City

Geografisk sted: Næstved

Re: 2002-11-17 Mark Of The Quad Cities, Moline, IL

Indlægaf Michael » 15. apr 2011, 00:35

HIRED GUNS: Axl Rose hits road with reformulated band
- David Burke , Quad-City Times

Tommy Stinson says he can understand the skepticism.

The bass player and veteran of several bands, most notably The Replacements, knows that his new role in Guns N' Roses he'll be among seven musicians taking the stage with lead singer Axl Rose and keyboard player Dizzy Reed.

"When I took this gig, it was for the reason that no one else had - supposedly - ever done this in rock, resumed the band name with the leader and try to do a whole other thing, but still do the same thing. That's the most interesting concept I can imagine," Stinson, 36, said before a show Monday in Boise, Idaho.

"All I can to do eliminate that (skepticism) is show up and do my gig. I don't really spend any time worrying about it, or giving it much thought. I'm working with this guy that I like working with, I like the music we're playing.

I think it's turning out exactly that way. I don't give a (crap) what people think, as long as they come out to the shows, and they have fun and we have fun."

After The Replacements' 1991 demise, Stinson formed the group Bash & Pop in 1993, and Perfect in '96. He had a record deal "that I could see going down the tubes" in 1998, when he auditioned for Rose. The next day, he was told the job was his if he wanted it.

"I've always wanted to do something interesting, whether it was my own stuff or whatever. I've done a lot of crazy (stuff) musically over the last 10 years," he said.

He played on a reformulated new Guns N' Roses album, "Chinese Democracy," that has been delayed several time by its record label. An Asian tour over the summer proved successful, and the band made its re-emergence in August during the MTV Video Awards.

From 1987 to '93, Guns N' Roses hit with songs including "Sweet Child O' Mine," "Paradise City," "Patience" and "Welcome to the Jungle."

Stinson said he had no problem stepping in and playing songs that weren't necessarily his - although several songs from "Chinese Democracy" will be part of the concert.

"We've played the old songs enough that they're almost like ours, in a regard that we've taken them on and put our own spin on them," Stinson said. "We feel, in a weird sort of way, that they are our songs. Physically speaking, they're demanding rock songs, and you have to man up and put yourselves into them."

Guns N' Roses' North American tour got off on a wrong chord last week in Vancouver, British Columbia, as the concert was canceled at the last minute. Rose was en route to the concert, Stinson said, and the rest of the band was already in the arena doing an MTV interview.

Fans lining up outside began to riot, causing damage to the arena.

"We could have easily played that show," Stinson said of the concert, pulled by the producer. "We got the short end of the stick on it. I don't think it's a good thing when fans trash the building and take it out on the band or the venue. . None of that is a good thing going around."

The fourth stop of the concert will be at The Mark of the Quad-Cities, Moline.

"Our first gig, as any first gig I've ever done on a tour (last Friday in Tacoma, Wash.), was getting it all sort of sorted out, technically speaking. A dry run, in a way," he said. "(But) it did go a lot better than a lot of first gigs.

"There's a learning curve on this sort of thing. It takes a couple of days. We'll be smokin' by Moline."

Even though Stinson and the rest of the band - Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, Love Spit Love guitarist Richard Fortus, Replicants keyboard player Chris Pitman, Primus drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia and a guitarist known only as Buckethead - have "completely different walks of musical life," but have already jelled with a good chemistry.

Stinson says he is considering a lengthy future with Guns N' Roses.

"I have no expectations whatsoever," he said. "As long as we're having fun with it and people are having fun seeing it, I think I could be involved for an indefinite amount of time."

Re: 2002-11-17 Mark Of The Quad Cities, Moline, IL

Indlægaf Michael » 15. apr 2011, 00:36

ravensjacket29's Review

ok im back and im just going to run through some things real quick and then add my inputs at the end:

the setlist what i could remember was:

Think About You
Fink Solo 1
You Could Be Mine
Buckethead Solo
November Rain
My Michelle
Out Ta Get Me
The Blues
Chinese Democracy
Fink Solo 2
Paradise City

- after Brownstone and before LALD Axl has a rant saying "Some people here tonight think that they are an uknowon power.. and will gain power by ruining the show for everyone. Alot of people spent a good amount of money to be here. Dont ruin it"

- Band intro before Finks second solo

- during You Could Be Mine, Axl ran to the front of the stage and made a hand gesture which caused one of his rings on his left hand to fly into the audience right in front of him.. Axl called Earl over and asked for the guy to give his ring to Earl, but i guess Earl didnt see the guy because Axl kept getting upset saying "right in front of your motherfucking face!". 5 guys were carried out after the incident. Axl threw down the microphone backstage during the bridge "you could be mine.. you could be mine..." (heard the loud boom) Tommy kinda laughed and said "ill take it.." and then Axl came back out and finished the song. NOT SITTING DOWN.

- before Think About You, Axl told the crowd that "today was Richard Fortus's birthday... say happy birthday boys and girls"...

- during the end of SCOM Axl and Robin came up front and stood shoulder to shoulder and leaned backwards, like they were in a contest to see who could lean back the farthest.. at the end of the song Axl said "ok i give up.."

- i saw the lyrics screen THE EXACT lyrics for Madagascar.. from Axls teleprompter are
" Mired in denial
And saw heartbreak"
" That we have the strength to choose
Ill free the ball and chain
We end together"

PLEASE do not argue with me about these.. these were what was on the teleprompter.

- HUGE incredible screams during LALD.. mindblowing!

- Axl was really playful with the band.. especially Tommy and Robin i noticed..

-GREAT response to Madagascar.. people went nuts for that song

- I GOT TO MEET DEL JAMES!!!! man has he changed i could barely recognize him haha.. hes bald now.. and alot pudgier than before.. he was wearing a football jersey and camo pants.. looked cool.

- Richard Fortus adds more solo guitar at the end of The Blues..very cool!

Axl: orange and white Tennessee jersey #15 (couldnt catch the name, and im not sure that it was tennessee.. all i know is it was orange and white haha i would like to know whos it was and what team it is tho if anyone can help.) with a long sleeved white shirt underneath .. black shiny basketball pants with 3 white stripes down the right leg... white tennis shoes... no bandana...before the fink solo he changed into a maroon,green,and blue hockey jersey (dont know who or what team)..

Robin: Regular black outfit as previous shows.. longer hair in back (of course the top was bald) than in recent pictures

Tommy: Black shirt... red checkered pants

Dizzy: regular GNR tank top shirt... black jeans

Brain: Black bucket hat... Black shirt

Buckethead: same outfit as previous shows

Chris Pittman: Black beanie hat.. white shirt... garage mechanic jacket .. blue jeans..

Richard Fortus: baby blue shirt... baby blue and other colors of blue checkered pants..

this show was absolutely fucking amazing.. from the time it began to the very last second it ended.. Axls voice and stage prescence is something ill never forget with this show ALOT better from the 12/29 show.. i really really hope this was bootlegged because this was an outstanding show.. this new band has settled the fact that IMO they are much better than the old.. they are tighter and more kick ass than ever before.. i cant wait to see them again. and f*ck ALL OF YOU WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT NO NEW SONGS.. thats bullshit.. these new songs they are playing now are new songs for pretty much alot of people in the audience.. (you shoulda seen the looks i got when i was singin along to em lol)..one things for sure.. once Chinese Democracy starts.. GNR willl be on top once again!!!

Tilbage til 2002